FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: When will the Hula Girl be back in stock?
In order to be able to meet our quoted turnaround times, we only put available for sale the number of Hula's we can fill within the 2-3 week turnaround. Follow us on Instagram or check back to the website frequently to see when they come available. Due to overwhelming demand, we are unable to keep a waitlist or notify customers individually at this time when they come available. Thank you for understanding.
Q: How long will it take my FireLid to ship out?
Standard Fabric or Non Custom Embroidered FireLid (Phenix helmet): 1-2 weeks
Standard Fabric or Non Custom Embroidered FireLid (All other helmet types): 2-3 weeks
Custom Embroidered FireLid (All helmet types): 3-4 weeks
Q: Why does it take so long?
Our J5 FireLids are handcrafted by a working firefighter. All production is done on off duty days. Orders are processed and shipped by a full time mom and working nurse. Your patience is appreciated when those days off are subject to Force days, wildfires in the state, staffing patterns and family life events or emergencies.
Custom Lids will take longer as there is an additional turnaround time for embroidered items.
Helmet brands other Phenix (i.e. Cairns, Bullard, Morning Pride) require additional fabrication to ensure a solid install. All items in your order will ship out together in one shipment.
We thank you for supporting this American Made Fire Owned business. Know that your business is important to us and getting your orders out is our priority.
If our turnaround times do not meet your needs, please contact us ASAP. We are happy to provide a full refund (excludes custom items that have already gone into production).
Q: Once my order has shipped, how long will it take to get to me?
We ship all our Products via USPS First Class Mail which takes 2-5 business days.
Q: Do you provide tracking info?
When your order is shipped, you will receive an email with tracking info. This email will be sent to the email address associated with your PayPal account.
Q: Do you accept returns/exchanges?
We cannot accept returns on any custom orders. We cannot accept returns on worn FireLids. If you feel there is a defect in your product necessitating a return or exchange, please email email@example.com
Unworn, unused, unwashed non custom FireLids may be returned for a refund less shipping costs. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your request to return. Send your return to:
J5 FireLids LLC
226 Las Flores
Aliso Viejo, CA
We recommend utilizing USPS Priority Mail to ensure tracking and delivery confirmation of all returns. Upon receiving your return, we will issue refund via PayPal.
Q: Are FireLids safe to be washed?
Yes. All of our lids have been made with 100% cotton fabrics
inside and out with the intent to be washed after use, especially after fires. J5
firelids should be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Ring out like
and sponge and lay flat to air dry.
Q: Am I able to send you a custom image and have that
embroidered onto a lid?
Yes. We would be happy to work with you regarding any images
you have. Here are some key things to remember when dealing with your own
* Turnaround time for custom requests is currently 4-6 weeks. CUTOFF FOR CHRISTMAS ORDERS ARE NOVEMBER 15th.
* J5 DOES NOT do any graphic design on desired artwork. Artwork must be provided by the customer to J5 FireLids in a finished digital file (i.e. .jpeg, .ai) NO SCREENSHOTS or low resolution copies of images can be accepted as they will not produce a clean embroidered image.
* The image will require conversion to a digitized file. Put simply,
the file is converted to an embroidery file (i.e. .dst .emb).
* The cost to this is based on
complexity of the image and generally ranges between 50-80$.
* This cost is in addition to any lids being made. This is this is a onetime cost and will not be required with any
future orders with J5 of the same image.
* The cost to stitch out your custom FireLid is based on the complexity of design and stitch count and will range from 30-42$/ lid in addition to the one time cost of digitizing the image.
* Quantity discount may be offered on orders of 12 or more in which there is NO personalization involved (i.e. station logo only without individual names) for Phenix brand helmets only.
* Your digitized file of your image will be sent to you directly at completion of the order to do use for future embroidery projects with any company you choose.
Q: I've read the information on embroidering my own image on a FireLid and I'm ready to order, what are my next steps?
* Please ensure you have read all information provided above regarding potential costs of embroidering your own image on a Custom FireLid.
* If you would like to proceed knowing the potential costs, we will require a non-refundable 25$ deposit to request a final quote.
* If you choose to proceed with creating your Custom FireLid, this deposit will 100% be put towards your final costs. Customers who choose to back out at this stage will forfeit the 25$ deposit.
* This non-refundable deposit is to account for the time spent by J5 FireLids and our affiliates to create an accurate and fair quote of what it would cost to create your custom FireLid. We are eager to assist our customers in creating Custom Helmet Padding that tells their story, but ask that you take the time to be fully informed and willing to pay prices in the range described above when you request a final quote.
* Still interested in ready to proceed with creating your own Custom Embroidered FireLid, send the following info to email@example.com:
- High quality digital image
- Quantity of FireLids desired
- Fabric color desired and any specifications on thread colors
- Helmet Manufacturer
- State you live in
- PayPal email address
* Please allow a minimum 3 business day turnaround to receive your initial 25$ deposit invoice via PayPal.
* Processing time begins when the invoice is paid. Turnaround time to receive a final quote is 1-2 weeks.
* We will email you directly when we have a final quote. If you are in agreement with the quoted price, we will send you a second PayPal invoice for the balance of the quote (less the 25$ deposit). Processing time on FireLids will begin once second invoice is paid and is generally 3-4 weeks
Q: I've ordered a Heat Transfer FireLid from J5 in the past. How do I order one now?
We do not currently offer Heat Transfer FireLids. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Q: I have noticed you
do not have a fabric that I would be interested in doing a lid with. If I want specific
theme, school or team can you find it?
Yes. With our increased order load, we do not currently have time to do the legwork to find fabrics we do not currently stock, but we are willing to work with you if you have a fabric that you would like to have a FireLid made out of. Keep in mind, the fabric should be 100% cotton and at least 12"x12" in size. Please
contact us via customer service if you would like a custom request.
Q: What helmet brands is J5 compatible with?
Phenix, Cairns, Bullard, Morning Pride
Q: Can you make a FireLid for my Honeywell or Lion Helmet?
We apologize that at this time, we are not offering or working on a FireLid model that is compatible with these helmets.